AH01 - SHA-256 Hardware Encryption
This xChip is a core encryption module which forms part of the Crypto module range, running a security algorithm based on SHA-256.
This xChip includes the ATECC508A from Atmel, which is a secure CryptoAuthentication device, which is equipped with an EEPROM array that can be used for storing of up to 16 key, certificates, consumption logging, security configurations and other types of secure data. Access to the various sections of memory can be restricted in several different ways and then the configuration can be locked permanently, to prevent changes.
The ATECC508A features a wide array of defense mechanisms specifically designed to prevent physical attacks on the device itself, or logical attacks on the data transmitted between the device and the system. Hardware restrictions on the ways in which keys are used or generated provide further defense against certain styles of attack.
Access to the device is made through a standard I2C interface at speeds of up to 1 Mb/s.
- Cryptographic co-processor with secure hardware-based key storage
- SHA-256 hash algorithm with HMAC option
- 256-bit key length
- Storage for up to 16 keys
- Guaranteed unique 72-bit serial number
CW02 - Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Core
An xCHIP core Wi-Fi & Bluetooth module. CW02 is based on the ESP32 which is a single 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combo chip designed with TSMC ultra-low-power 40 nm technology and an Xtensa® Dual-core 32-bit LX6 microprocessor.
- Based on ESP-WROOM-32
- 2.4Ghz Wifi and Bluetooth
- 4 MB SPI Memory
- Arduino, Mongoose OS, NodeMCU and Lua compatible
- OTA capable through WiFi
- Supports WPA Personal and Enterprise
- RGB LED
IP01 - USB Programming Interface
This xCHIP is an interface module which is equipped to power and program other modules via a USB A connector. The USB A connection is required for programming the range of CPU Core xCHIPS over the USB-serial bridge provided by the FT232R.
- Based on FT232R From FTDI Limited
- USB A connector for simple connectivity without the need of a cable
- Programming interface for core ☒CHIPs such as CW01, CR01 and CC01
- Equipped with switches that allow the user to switch serial and programming configurations
- RGB LED for programming indicators
MD01 - Blank
This xCHIP is used as a placeholder for mechanical strength and xBUS redundancy. This blank xCHIP or dummy xCHIP also contains a QR code point to this store.
- Mechanical placeholder.
- All signals and power are carried to create redundancy.
OC03 - Relay Out
OC03 is a low-voltage control relay module able to switch AC and DC loads.
The optically isolated relay is controlled by a PCA9554A IO expander, which provides an control interface to the switch. The PCA9554A has several selectable I2C addresses accessible via solder pads.
The TLP241A photorelay consist of a photo MOSFET optically coupled to an infrared light emitting diode which switches a AC or DC load. It provides an isolation voltage of 5000 Vrms, making it suitable for applications that require reinforced circuit insulation.
- Low Voltage AC/DC Control Relay
- Load Voltage Range: 0 - 40 V
- Load Current Rating: 2 A
SL06 - Gesture Sensor
This xCHIP features advanced Gesture detection, Proximity detection, Digital Ambient Light Sense (ALS) and Color Sense (RGBC).
- I2C data rates up to 400 kHz
XC10 - 10-Pack xBUS Connectors
The xBUS is the main connection between the xCHIPs. Most xCHIPs will have a connection on all 4 sides, but some will have a connection sacrifices either for space or for other connectors, such as USB or antenna connectors.