IP02 - Advanced USB Programming Interface
This xCHIP forms part of the interface programmer modules.
The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface device which is equipped to power and program other modules via a USB A connector. The IP02 is required for programming the range of CPU Core xCHIPs over the USB-serial bridge provided by the FT232R.
The IP02 has two switches so that you can switch between DTE and DCE. The other switch is between A and B.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Transmit and receive LED drive signals.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- Serial Programming of xCHIPs
- Serial Interface for debugging
- Serial Data Monitoring
- USB-Serial Internet Link for IoT Devices
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 1024 bit EEPROM storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3Mbaud at TTL levels.
- 128 byte receive buffer and 256 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- FIFO receives and transmits buffers for high data throughput.
- Supports bus powered, self-powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit.