Phase 1A - Humidity and Temperature in a Controlled Environment Experiment
Overview: In this experiment you need to track the humidity and temperature over 24 hours within a controlled environment (an isolated enclosure where some measures are taken to isolate the parameters under study, i.e a clear glass or plastic box) in order to observe the relationship between humidity and temperature.
Aim: Your aim in this experiment is to observe the relationship between humidity and temperature through the collection and graphing of data.
- SW01 - Advanced Weather Sensor
- OD01 - OLED Display
- IP01 - USB Programmer
- CW01 - Wi-Fi
- ☒CHIP connectors
- A clear glass/plastic case or box to place over the ☒CHIPS and establish the controlled environment.
- A USB power source, for example an iPhone wall socket adapter or a battery pack/power bank
- Laptop or Desktop (to display dashboard)
- Internet connection
- Assemble all the ☒CHIPS you need for this experiment
- Make sure to connect your IP01 to a power source
- Your CW01 ☒CHIP will automatically connect to the Wi-Fi (or see 1st Time Setup)
- Isolate the sensors and power source by placing the clear glass or plastic case over, thus establishing a controlled environment
- The data you need to complete your experiment will automatically update and display on your OD01 - OLED Display and upload to the dashboard
- It is necessary to establish this controlled environment as simply having a door/window open, a varying number people in the room or an air conditioner running will influence both the temperature and humidity readings and thus alter the relationship we want to observe
- After data collection, view and graph the data on the dashboard (Using the Dashboard), by graphing temperature on the x-axis and humidity on the y-axis, and then draw conclusions on the relationship between Humidity and Temperature based on the trend observed
More Novice Phase 1A Experiments