Blynk projects can be linked to your CW01 ☒CHIP, in order to receive real-time data on your Blynk app. This is simply the data that would be displayed on a connected OLED display (OD01) and is refreshed the same way and not saved on your device. The data is still uploaded to the dashboard. This is a convenient method of checking the status of your sensors as well as being more mobile than a laptop or desktop viewing the data on the dashboard.
- The Blynk app can be downloaded for smart devices from www.blynk.cc
- Using Blynk requires additional steps in the process of configuring the CW01 ☒CHIP. These steps should be followed in conjunction with 1st Time Setup.
Creating a Blynk Account
- Select “Create New Account”
- Complete the email field and set a secure password in the password field (as shown below):
- this continues to selecting a server
Selecting a Server
- Before selecting "Sign Up", select the symbol below the email field (marked in a yellow ring below)
- A slider will become available which must be set to "Custom"
- Two more fields will become available
- Complete the IP address field with: link.xinabox.cc
- Complete the Port field with: 8443
- Complete the process by selecting "OK" and then "Sign Up"
Provisioning for Blynk in the xFlasher
Preparing for the Captive Portal Blynk Setup
- After creating an account, select "New Project"
- Complete the Project Name field
- Select “Create Project”
- A pop-up notification of an authentication token for the X in a box captive portal sent to your e-mail address should appear (as shown below):
- The token is required in order to link the CW01 ☒CHIP device to your Blynk project
Copying the Blynk Authentication Token
- To reach the Auth Token select the icon in your new project window (marked with a yellow ring below left)
- The copy function between the Blynk IOS app and Android app differs slightly
- IOS (below center) requires (below center) one to select and hold the token code (in blue) until it "copies to clipboard"
- Andriod (below right) requires one to simply select the "Copy all" option
- Proceed to connect to the CW01 ☒CHIP captive portal in order to copy this token
Blynk Authentication Token in Captive Portal
- Complete the CW01 ☒CHIP device configuration as per 1st Time Setup then select "Configure Blynk"
- The IP address field should show: link.xinabox.cc and the Port field should show: 8442
- Paste the copied Authentication Token into the Authentication Token field
- Select "Save"
- Select "Configure WiFi" and configure as per 1st Time Setup